JOB TITLE: Head of Communications
REPORTS TO: Executive Secretary and CEO
UNIT MEMBERS: Communications
SALARY CATEGORY: G to H1
ELIGIBILITY: All nationalities
LOCATION: GWPO Global Secretariat in Stockholm, Sweden,
DEADLINE: 28 October 2021, 23:59 CET
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Head of Communications leads GWP’s external and internal media, communications, digital and brand marketing. The Head of Communications designs and implements the communications strategy and plans to raise awareness, build excitement, and mobilize support from the public, media, governments, and existing and potential donors, around GWP’s vision, and the opportunities to engage with us. The Head of Communications leads GWP’s external media, communications, digital, and brand marketing.
Reporting to the GWPO Executive Secretary, the position works closely with the GWP Chair, the Chair of the GWP Technical Committee, members of the management team, and others on strategic and effective communications approaches. The Head of Communication provides leadership in:
- Strategic Communications
- Positioning, messaging, and branding
- Organisational Communications
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies, extensive experience with engaging media, and leading multicultural communication teams in an international environment
- Superior written and public speaking skills
- Ability to translate science and development issues for a broader audience
- Excellent command of spoken and written English skills (mother tongue strongly preferred)
- Ability to manage programmes efficiently under shifting priorities
- Solid knowledge of technology and its relevance to strengthening an organisation’s communications, esp. online communication, and social media
- Understanding of and experience with development issues
- Strategic leadership skills and intellectual curiosity that contributes to the overall success of the organisation
- Ability to lead, and work collaboratively with, a diverse team of different national backgrounds in an international setting
- Ability to foster team spirit through building trust and commitment to common objectives, and recognising team successes
- Seasoned team building experience and superior interpersonal skills
- High focus on getting the job done with low ego, excellent listening skills, tact, and valuing others’ ideas and expertise
- Applications must be submitted in English only and only via the online application system
- Email applications will not be accepted
- Maximum 4-page CV and 1-page cover letter (required) describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies match this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply.
- GWP offers competitive remuneration, good benefit package as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.