Junior Expert - Grants Coordination
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Junior Expert - Grants Coordination*
The position is to be filled by as soon as possible with an initial contract duration of one year. Employment location will be Khartoum, Sudan.
As Junior Expert - Grants Coordination you will provide essential grants management support to the Head of Programmes in delivering quality and successful programming of Welthungerhilfe's (WHH) Sudan Country programme. You will ensure grant management throughout the grant management cycle, including submitting timely and high-quality reports to donors and updating grants management information in the WHH project management information system. You will also ensure and provide guidance on donor's compliance and internal WHH grants' rules and regulations and will be responsible for grants management capacity building efforts to projects' staff.
- Support the Head of Programme (HoProgr) in the development of concept notes and proposals in collaboration with other projects field, operation staff and other Units of the Head Office (SEC, DON, etc.) at headquarters
- Support Head of Projects (HoPs) in writing external reports, editing, compiling comments and ensuring the donors' compliance and WHH's standards
- Ensure compliance regarding (no-) cost extensions, amendments, top-ups and reallocations, regularly following up about budget expenses
- Develop, update and disseminate regularly grants guidelines, resources and tools (Grants Follow up Tracker, etc.)
- Act as focal point for donors' compliance and undertake trainings/coaching sessions for HoPs/Deputy HoPs and other operation staff on grants management principles with the support of HoProgr. Topics could include donor compliance, report writing, and other topics as needed.
- Ensure that WHH ProMIS programme management system is updated, and relevant functionalities correctly used during the entire project cycle, archiving key documents such as reports, relevant email communication with DON Unit, creating new projects ideas in collaboration with HoProgr, etc.
- Support HoProgr in developing donor mapping and fundraising strategy for Sudan for the coming years and looking for new funding opportunities
- Support HoProgr in the regular quarterly review, kick off and closure meeting organized by HoPs, ensuring that donor's compliance and grants issues are fulfilled
- A university or polytechnic degree in international development or another field relevant to the position
- Minimum of one year of job-related experience in international development
- Minimum of one year of job-related experience in working with institutional donors like BMZ, OCHA, German Foreign Office, EU etc.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Word and Excel as well as cloud-based information management
- Demonstrated interest in international cooperation (relief and development) and reducing hunger and poverty
- Skillful communicator within organizations and teams as well as strong personal management skills, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and a willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult settings
- Excellent spoken and written English and German
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 26, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.