OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo ensure that effective WHO countrypresence is established to implement WHO country, cooperation strategies thatare aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.In the context of Emergency Health and Nutrition Project funded by World Bank, the Project Development Objective is to contribute to the provision of basic health and essential nutrition services for the benefit of the Yemeni population.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESSupport the management of operational planning and monitoring process of grant management. Participate in the development and tracking of the WCO programme workplans, liaising with managers across the WCO in ensuring workplans are developed and remain on target. Provide input on the status of various grants and its performance as well as provide input in identifying funding gaps. Support work plan implementation by liaising with the Regional Office, and exchange information with national counterparts in donor agencies to identify support and ensure necessary reporting on programme performance on activities funded through various grants. Develop tracking tools and conduct grant finance monitoring of planned activities, cost projections, and follow up with programme managers on activity performance. Prepare periodic reports on the grant implementation to ensure the smooth tracking and response on the performance of activities.
EducationEssential: University degreein Business Administrations, Management, Public Administrations, or related fields.
Desirable: Specialized training in accounting, programme and budget
ExperienceEssential: At least two years of experience in the area of grant management and/or the administration of programme and budget activities. Demonstrated experience working with costingsand other financial tracking sheets.
Desirable: Experience working in the United Nations system oranother international organization.
SkillsSound knowledge in the area of programme management. Good skills and knowledge in the area of grant management Knowledge in the area of administration in the area of budget and finance.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local Language.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 41,349 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.