Administrative Assistant - Maritime Safety Division
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Provide secretarial support for meetings of the Maritime Safety and Marine Environment Protection Committees, technical sub-committees and associated working and drafting groups under the purview of the Subdivision, including preparation of relevant documents, meeting files, participation lists and report, and assist officers and delegates during such meetings, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation related to the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code (IMSBC Code) and the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code) and liaise with IMO’s Publishing Services. Maintain relevant database and files.
- Assist in matters related to the coordination of technical cooperation activities implemented within the Division.
- Proofread documents, correspondence and briefs, prepare acknowledgement letters and prepare references for the translation of documents.
- Prepare correspondence, assist with preparation and updating of meeting documents, mission reports, presentations and other documents and reports. Retrieve documents from the system and maintain archives.
- Reply to enquiries from within and outside the Secretariat regarding the work of the Subdivision, arrange appointments and receive visitors.
- Prepare files for meetings and missions of the officers in the Subdivision, collect required data, assemble relevant documentation, make travel arrangements etc.
- Assist in the preparation and proofreading of manuscripts for technical publication.
- Update the IMO website and intranet for matters under the purview of the Subdivision.
- Perform any other duties, as may be required.