Project Assistant - Department Of Partnerships And Projects
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Provide integrative and adaptive project coordination support, including the day-to-day operational and contractual matters of the Project, implementation and assessment of progress of each activity under the Project.
- Monitor the execution of the Budget (control of procurement aspects of the various contracts) and using IMO’s ERP system (SAP) manage all procurement aspects of the project including the preparation and control of the project’s budget by maintaining accounts of the status of expenses for travel, contractual arrangements, future planned commitments, etc.
- Maintain detailed project accounting, checking, reconciling and clearing expenditure for all funds related to the Project (e.g. GreenVoyage2050 and Low Carbon Global Industry Alliance) and independently prepare and manage the mandatory project financial reports and any other interim progress reports to be submitted to the Project donor(s), in coordination with IMO Financial Services (FS) and Management Accounting and ERP Services (MAES).
- Independently develop, manage and maintain project databases related to project implementation and expenditure.
- Maintain lists of key contact points for the Project, create and update documents and reports on the project database and information systems, and keep them correctly archived.
- Communicate with the Project Partnering Countries regarding the financial procedures, procurement and financial reporting using IMO standards, including accounts reconciliation and planning of activities budget.
- Independently manage all the administrative aspects related to the project financial closure towards end of the Project.
- Arrange recruitment of international and national consultants and experts and coordinate their travel for Project activities.
- Address administrative and financial enquiries from Project partners (participating countries, strategic partners, financial partners and industry alliance partners) and also from IMO internal stakeholders (FS, MAES and Internal Oversight Services - IOS) in coordination with the Project Technical Analyst and the Project Technical Manager.
- Undertake field missions, if requested, to support any progress meetings and meetings to discuss financial and budget matters of the Project, as well as global events where extra administrative support will be necessary.
- Support the Project Technical Analyst in the development of awareness-raising materials. Assist in the operation of the project website and the development of communication materials as specified in the project document.
- Prepare specific Project Implementation Documents (PIDs) and follow up approval and implementation on SAP.
- Undertake any other duties related to the implementation of the project as may be required.