Project Assistant - SC 7
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Jakarta
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 3
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 07-Nov-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only Indonesian nationals or persons with the right to work in Indonesia may apply to this positionOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall supervision of Director of UNESCO Office, Jakarta, and direct supervision of the Head of the Education Unit, the incumbent shall serve as Senior Project Assistant of the UNESCO Office, Jakarta for the project entitled as “Digitalization of CHEGA National Center for Conflict Reconciliation and Peacebuilding in Timor-Leste”. The incumbent shall perform the following tasks in close coordination with the project team under the direct supervision of Head of Education Unit, UNESCO Jakarta Office:
I. Key Responsibilities
1. Support the project team to ensure effective implementation and achievement of results focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Independently provides full range of project management and implementation assistance at all phases of the project cycle for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the project initiatives, seeking guidance only in exceptional circumstances.
• Coordination of administrative aspect of project planning and preparation work for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the project initiatives; monitors status of project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
• Provide high quality analysis and draft presentation of information/data on specific project and related topics; highlight noteworthy issues/trends for consideration by appropriate parties.
• Effective implementation of project standard operating procedure, effective monitoring of project performance, and timely production of results oriented draft progress reports in line with UNESCO’s regulations.
2. Provide effective support to the planning, budgeting, and implementation of the project
• Preparation and analysis of project budget proposals; funding source, prepares monitoring checklists, provides interpretation of budget guidelines; reviews and coordinates submissions of work proposal and budget estimates, ensuring that requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; propose adjustments as necessary; prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
• Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources
• Effective monitoring of budgetary commitments, including verification of charges and obligation documents for all financial transactions; lead periodic budget revisions and ensures appropriate resource allocations; finalize reconciliation of accounts with amended budget; evaluates trends of financial implementation and makes necessary recommendations to line manager.Long Description
• Timely preparation of quarterly project reports, in line with the standard template and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
• Analysis of the situation a large size - complex project, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
• Timely preparation for audit of project, implementation of audit recommendations.
3. Provides administrative support to the Project Management Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provision of guidance to implementing partner and serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organisational units to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, security compliance, etc.
• Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of implementation activities and participates in project evaluation; monitor implementation at all stages to ensure work is proceeding according to established plans, including analysing implementation difficulties and initiating remedial action; liaises with diverse organizational units to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtains necessary clearances, processes and follows-up on administrative actions and resolves issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, organization of and participation in training, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, security, etc.Long Description
• Provision of secretariat services to working groups, ad hoc tasks forces, etc.; drafts and circulates agenda notes to members/participants; compiles background documentation; drafts minutes of the meeting; monitors follow-up actions, etc.
• Effective collaboration with project manager on various planning instruments such as the medium-term plan and internal work plans; provides assistances on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
• Lead project team in preparation of formal closures of projects, final budget revision, transfer of equipment, clearance, publication and distribution of final report.
• Supervision of office support staff, including distribution and review of work assignments, training, and inputs to performance evaluation.
4. Support strategic partnerships and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
• Establishment and monitoring of updated internal databases relevant to the scope of project activities.
• Preparation of design of periodic and ad hoc reports, statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials/notes to facilitate audit and other reviews.
• Finalization and publication of report in multiple languages as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project
5. Any other tasks
• Conduct travel if deemed necessary by UNESCO in order to perform the work described above and shall be paid based on the travel cost calculation in accordance with UNESCO’s travel regulation to cover all travel related expenses, including daily subsistence allowance, tickets for the authorized travel and terminal expenses under the project budget.
• Perform other tasks deemed necessary within the mandate of UNESCO and activities of Education Unit as maybe requested by the Director Representative and/or the Head of Education Unit, UNESCO Office, Jakarta.COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. II. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree (Advanced degree will be an asset) in Education, Social and Human Sciences, Management, Business Administration, or other related fields.
• Track record of a minimum nine (9) years of professional working experiences indicating professional knowledge and skills in both programme/project implementations, and finance & administration managements (working at international institutions/agencies, international cooperation donors, UN Agencies or UNESCO would be an asset).
Knowledge, skills, and competencies
• Demonstrated experience in project development and management in an international environment, in particular with good ability in communication, time-management, coordination and reporting.
• Proven working experience in finance and administration at international institutions/agencies, international cooperation donors, UN Agencies or UNESCO (Having working experience in education projects in Timor-Leste will be an asset).
• Ability to draft documents and express views and ideas in written form in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work smoothly with the team and distribute tasks as well as able to work independently with minimum supervision, efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different national backgrounds.
• High-level commitment and responsibility towards completing assignments efficiently, accurately, and promptly.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex issues and convey concise and clear accounts of specialized information.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and paying attention to details.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills in both oral and written manner.
• Strong computer literacy skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of UNESCO’s work and mandate.
• Excellent written and spoken skills in English.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms.
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter.
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
Annual Salary: IDR 331.617.752 p.a. (Inclusive of Social Benefits)
Other benefits include 30 days’ annual leave.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.