Shelter Assistant - Social Afghanistan Kandahar
Caution: This position is for Afghan National only (Female)
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Shelter Assistant- Social position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Shelter project in south region. She will be responsible for collection and analysis the data, liaising with host community and IDPs, conducting the meeting with community.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection and implementation of shelter program
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by shelter office
- Ensure proper filing of documents of shelter program
- Close work with support function, for proper plan for delivery and distribution of In-kind item for shelter beneficiaries
- liaising with host and IDPs communities, colleagues and other professionals
- Participate in field mission and arrange the meeting with community elder
- Daily monitoring from shelter program activities in the field
- Collection and analysis shelter data and report to shelter officer.
- Maintain shelter beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and on its profiles.
- Contributing in cash planning with support team for labours and on time clearance.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Responsible for quality maintenance of shelter in target area
- Produce reports on weekly, monthly and require base as well
- Conduct the meeting with community/or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Coordinate the material loading, transportation and delivery with logistic and warehouse assistant
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Properly operate the NRC assets
- Experience from working as a shelter staff in a humanitarian/recovery context for at least 2 years
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
- University degree in civil/construction engineering.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.