Vacancy Announcement: Transport Assistant (G-5), Fixed Term, Kabul, Afghanistan (Open to Afghan Nationals only)
Under the Supervision and guidance of Administrative Officer, NO-B, the Admin Assistant (Transport) provides transport related services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Admin Assistant/Transport Assistant promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in delivery of transport services.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [a fair chance]
Working for UNICEF: https://youtu.be/43aiG4w2q_M?t=2
UNICEF in Afghanistan: https://www.unicef.org/afghanistan/
How can you make a difference?
- Assign duties to drivers and distributes work assignments among them
- Issues gasoline slips or cards for fueling of Vehicles.
- Checks maintenance schedule of each Vehicle and ensure fleet is in excellent running condition.
- Check Log books, bills/invoices related to repair /maintenance, fuel of each vehicle and coordinate the payment processing.
- Controls and verify the overtime claims of drivers.
- Makes road travel arrangements for field missions and ensure all vehicles are MOSS compliant when sent on mission.
- Prepare Travel Requests for drivers and coordinators with BTC for raising of driver’s TA in VISION. Ensure drivers are evenly assigned to field missions.
- Maintains files/records related to the vehicles and provides required information for reports, correspondence, technical papers and other reference documents.
- Ensure the safe custody of original registration documents of official and IPs vehicles.
- Ensures that all vehicles are insured as per policy.
- Prepares documents for registration, exemption, sale permission and disposal as and when required
- Coordinate with Programme Sections and Rent a Car companies for provision of rental vehicles for field missions or city duties. Supervisee contract for Rent a Car Companies and evaluate their performances. Coordinate settlement of invoices with Business Transaction Centers and reconcile payments.
- Prepare Tax Rebate claims on quarterly basis for office and follow up for reimbursement.
- Issues bills for personal use of vehicles, maintains record and follow-up on payments.
- Drafts routine correspondence and faxes from oral instructions, previous correspondence and other available information.
- Compilation of fleet report for all UNICEF vehicles (Kabul and Zonal Offices) on monthly bases
- Regular maintenance and updating of vehicle tracking system and generating monthly fleet report from VTS
- Tracking all UNICEF vehicles (Kabul and Zonal Offices) through VTS to ensure all UNICEF staff and drivers IDs are programed and compatible with VTS
- To assist the drivers in planning for the IWPs and then reviews and PERs finalization. The position holder shall be the focal person of all transport matters within the travel and transport unit.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.