Results & Data Management Assistant Consultant
Korea (Korea (Republic of))
The Green Climate Fund (“GCF”) is a multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. GCF is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries. The Fund is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Executive Director.
The Fund seeks to recruit a Results & Data Management Assistant Consultant to carry out the tasks, duties, and responsibilities, deliver the set deliverables and provide support to the hiring unit as detailed below. The consultant will join the GCF team on HQ-based. The assignment is for an initial 11 months-month period.
The Office of Portfolio Management (OPM) within the Green Climate Fund is currently seeking a Results and Data Management Consultant to support the development and implementation of Secretariat’s portfolio data management systems including the portfolio performance management system (PPMS). The consultant will work within the Results and Data Management (RDM) workstream of the OPM which is tasked with strengthening effective management of GCF portfolio’s results, performance, and corresponding data across funded activities, Readiness and Preparatory Support Programme (RPSP) and Project Preparation Facility (PPF). He/she is expected to be based in Songdo, South Korea at the headquarters for 11 months and will report to the Data Management Specialist, Office of Portfolio Management. The incumbent will also work closely with the Data Management Associate and the Senior Results and Data Management Specialist.
Scope Under the direct supervision of the Data Management Specialist in OPM and in close coordination with the Senior Management Specialist and Data Management Associate, the consultant will provide substantive support to the RDM-team in developing, implementing, and maintaining portfolio data management frameworks and systems such as the PPMS, the open data library (ODL), the Readiness Knowledge Bank (RKB), and the data management strategy through engagement and coordination with ICT and other internal GCF stakeholders , as well as external consultants and ICT vendors. In addition, the consultant is expected to provide oversight and project management support to ongoing RDM projects. This entails supporting the coordination of the reporting of the statuses of all initiatives across RDM to ensure timely updates on milestones, status, issues, etc… in order to ensure consistency, efficiency gains, and synergy across all the RDM workstreams.
Duties and Responsibility
The Consultant will be responsible for but not limited to:
1. Provide substantive support to all work related to implementing the data management strategy including processes for strengthening data governance and integrating technology solutions within the GCF environment for better data access.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the portfolio + data management strategy and roadmap and
- Support the establishment and implementation of cross-divisional ‘data council’.
- Initiate implementation of a ‘data factory’ solution as devised by the data management strategy. This work includes working closely with ICT to map out the needs and business requirements, develop the data factory concept and work plan which will be implemented in phases
- Contribute to the improvement of data governance across the GCF portfolio for Funded Activities, RPSP, and PPF through the regular system maintenance and troubleshooting including the PPMS and ODL.
- Provide substantive support to the development of additional PPMS modules. The work includes acting as a bridge between ICT /technical vendors and OPM, developing or quality assuring training materials (e.g. guides and instructional videos) and organizing webinars and demos for each additional module.
- Further develop the documentation of all data related procedures and input protocols
- Lead the development of various components of the ODL project to provide the GCF secretariat with enhanced access to the GCF portfolio and risk data by working closely with Tableau professional services, as well as the GCF stakeholders (DEA/Comms, PSF/DMA, etc). The work will include providing the Tableau consultant with dashboard design sketches, preparing datasets required for pilot dashboards, as well as quality assuring the deliverables from the Tableau consultant.
- Lead the improvement and refinement of the analytics and dashboards for the post-approved portfolio of projects by developing and operationalizing a taxonomy and enhanced monitoring indicator framework, along with an improved and centralized process for data collection through IPMS.
2. Provide oversight/project management support to RDM led projects.
- Ensure that all ongoing RDM projects/initiatives have work plans and support their development where necessary.
- Ensure that all RDM projects have documented business requirements and current vs. future state process maps
- Manage the monitoring and follow-ups of these initiatives through updating the work plans, following up with other RDM team members, and where appropriate informed on the status of these initiatives, and identifying and proposing solutions to move them forward.
3. Support the coordination of knowledge management initiatives and development of knowledge products
- Support the coordination and management of work plan and deliverables for the readiness knowledge bank (RKB) working group.
- Develop and enhance the information architecture for RKB 2.0 by working closely with the relevant colleagues from the PIMM team as well as the KCM team.
- Support the development of knowledge products through providing initial drafts and undertaking key research work as relevant.
- Work plans and high-level overview updated regularly for RDM projects.
- Data input protocols/ refined, integrated into overall data input protocol and implemented, to enhance improved data governance across the Secretariat.
- PPMS guidelines and training materials for each new module developed,
- Business requirements and the data factory conceptual approach and work plan for implementation (in conjunction with ICT).
- Governance documents related to data management strategy and roadmap (e.g. final TOR for data council and operational procedure) developed and socialized.
- Updated and refined Tableau dashboards reflecting additional data (e.g. risk data) sourced from other offices for an integrated risk management framework
- Tableau dashboards developed, tested, and launched under the open data library project, including the internal data portal (component 1) via the intranet, and data fact sheets (component 2) via the GCF website.
- Taxonomy, an enhanced monitoring indicator framework, and data collection /inputs template developed and implemented to improve the data capture and analytics for post-approval status dashboards. and
- Information architecture for RKB developed and socialized.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in economics, environmental studies, business administration, finance, statistics, social sciences or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience working on results and data management in the area of development, environment and/or climate change.
- Demonstrated track record in results and data management; experience working closely on uptake of results management frameworks in comparable institutions an added advantage.
- Experience in international organizations and/or multilateral development banks an added advantage.
- Strong familiarity with data analytics (e.g. Tableau) and project management software (e.g. Smart Sheets).
- Exposure to/knowledge of climate change projects/programmes and/or GCF working modalities an advantage.
- Strong ability to articulate and present ideas succinctly in writing and orally to diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with diverse stakeholders at different technical and strategic levels.
- Strong sense of integrity and adherence to the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of another UN language would be an advantage.
- Closing date for the application is 27 October 2021, 23.59 (KST). Application received after the closing date may not be considered.
- Please indicate your earliest availability to take up assignment, and notice-period required, if employed.
- Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply. However, the compensation and benefits package for this consultancy opportunity will be determined on the basis of a local recruitment.