Logistic Officer (m/f/d) - National Position
Logistic Officer (m/f/d) - National PositionMalteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001, Malteser International currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Monghsat Township, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated
Logistic Officer (m/f/d) - National position
- Management of the day-to-day logistics
- Liaise with the landlord of the office premises and other operational contacts such as vendors, suppliers, and courier services to keep the office fully functional
- Ensure that the MI inventory list is updated on regular intervals, maintain office equipment and oversee repairs
- Coordinate all units for timely program implementation by the project manager to meet the schedule
- Maintain office logs on travel, inventory and fuel usage for generator, vehicles etc.
- Manage the office fleet and approve any private vehicle hire
- Any Bachelor or Degree and relevant Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Management
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Logistic Officer, or in a relevant position in an operational capacity of an INGO;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; team player and effective communicator
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel application
- Effective communication skills, both in written and verbal forms
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Monghsat Township, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: One year contract (with possible extension)
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th Month Salary & Health Insurance
- Please note that this is a national position
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT OUR JOB PORTAL.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until October 22nd, 2021.
Malteser International conducts background and reference checks. Ethics form part of the Annual Performance Appraisal.
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
No (94), Circular Road, Myo Thit Ward,
Kyaing Tong, Eastern Shan State