ICT Senior Analyst - Solution Design (retainer position)
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
Background Information - Job-specific
“Norwegian Support to Western Balkans Development - Norway for You–Montenegro” Project (Project) Phase II will contribute to diversification and competitive growth of Montenegro's economy by enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of support provided for the development and transformation of micro, small and medium enterprise (MSMEs) sector. This will be achieved by enhancing the capacity of the Ministry of Economic Development to implement, monitor and evaluate programmes supporting MSMEs, as also enhance business environment and support to MSMEs at the national and local level.
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) allocated NOK 11 million for this phase of the project implemented by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) in partnership with the UNDP until September 2023.
The key stakeholders and the direct beneficiaries of the Project are Ministry of Economic Development, the local self-governments and their institutions and organisations along with the Union of Municipalities of Montenegro (UOM), Ministry of Economy (MoE), Chamber of Economy (CoE), development agencies, civil society organisations (CSOs), business support entities (BSEs) as other stakeholders supporting development of the small businesses.The final beneficiary of the Project are small and medium sized enterprises and especially women and youth in Montenegro.
The selected candidate will undertake the following activities:
- Identify the needs for data collection related to support provided to the MSMEs by MED and other institutions;
- Assess the level of IT literacy and skills of the MED employees that will be using/operating the information system;
- Define the MSMEs information system scope and requirements, based on the analysis of the relevant business processes, while in particular considering interoperability with other relevant systems of the MED and relevant national institutions;
- Develop technical specifications and/or terms of references for procurement of ICT infrastructure and services in support of information system development;
- Provide technical support for conducting of ICT related procurements including evaluation of offers;
- Conduct peer reviews and relevant quality checks in order to ensure that the ICT infrastructure, equipment and solutions delivered by providers meet the set requirements;
- Supervise the development and delivery of the ICT training related to information system;
- Monitor the installation, operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and equipment delivered to the MED;
- Establish and maintain professional relations with MED contact persons and other relevant stakeholders
- Advise MED on the development, operation and maintenance of ICT solutions delivered under this Project;
- Contribute to development of Project plans and reports related to ICT domain, management of risks and issues, and identification of lessons learned.
- Master degree preferably in information sciences, computer sciences, or a related field is required;
- A Bachelor's degree with two additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in the field of ICT system design, is required;
- Previous experience in developing technical specifications/terms of reference from the ICT domain is required;
- Experience in ICT system design in public sector is an asset;
- Previous experience in performing needs assessments/gap analyses is an asset;
- Good understanding of various software architectures and database systems and solid understanding of the architecture of hybrid systems based on web technologies is an asset.
- Fluency in Montenegrin and Intermediate level in English is required
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to Nationals of Montenegro and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) - retainer
Contract level: Local ICA, Level 9
Contract duration: Up to 120 days, throughout the period of one year
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background information – UNOPS Serbia
In Serbia, where UNOPS has been active since 2000, and North Macedonia and Montenegro where UNOPS works since 2017, the organisation provides support in demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union. The projects focus on sustainable socio-economic development, good governance, social cohesion, environment and emergency response. The projects are implemented with the funding from the European Union (EU), Kingdom of Norway, Governments of Switzerland, Sweden and North Macedonia.
In Ukraine, UNOPS support to the partners in their reform agenda since 2017 spans the rule of law, social protection, demining, emergency response and security. The projects are funded by the EU, UNHCR, the Governments of Japan and Canada.
All projects have gender equality as a transversal theme, and have been contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals frameworks and objectives.