Assistant to the Director - Conference Division
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
- Manage, in consultation with the Administrative and Budget officer, the administrative aspects of the Office of the Director, and plan and organize thematic meetings to facilitate the overall administration of the Division.
- In the absence of the Director, assist the Administrative and Budget Officer and advise as appropriate, any priorities established by the Director or action to be taken on urgent matters. Follow-up on action taken during such absence and prepare briefing for the Director on their return, drawing attention to further action that may be required.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse activities and work processes to ensure that the implementation of management directives and decisions are properly carried out and actions are delivered in a timely manner by the Heads of Sections.
- Handle a wide range of complex information requests and inquiries and draft and review responses/correspondence for the Director’s consideration and approval.
- Provide input into projects and initiatives related to the Division and support the project planning and implementation of those initiatives.
- Manage the administration of meetings for which the Office of the Director is responsible, establishing deadlines and monitoring the flow of documentation, ensuring that deadlines are met, and reminding staff within the Division when necessary.
- Manage the Director’s diary by providing well researched files, drawing the Director’s attention to issues related to the work of the Division and serve as the point of contact in the Office of the Director to book meetings with officials both internally and externally.
- Screen and proofread incoming correspondence, attaching background materials and ascertaining priority, taking initiative and drafting replies to written enquiries when necessary.
- Take minutes of divisional meetings and prepare necessary reports or write up.
- Attend meetings of the Office of the Director to provide secretarial support and/or administrative guidance, as necessary.
- Screen telephone calls and refer to the Director or other officers, as appropriate; answer enquiries and provide information, as required.
- Make mission travel arrangements for the Director, researching and providing the requisite documentation.
- Follow-up completion of performance appraisals with Heads of Sections within the Division, ensuring up-to-date records for the Director's signature.
- Monitor and maintain annual and sick leave requests, authorized missions and other absences of Heads of Sections and Units in the Division and monitor and maintain leave requests for the Director’s Office.
- Create and maintain a filing system, including safekeeping of confidential files and personnel records, within the Office of the Director.
- Perform functions of principal SAP requisitioner, process travel requests for the Division creating purchase requisitions/travel trips for all temporary staff, contractual translators, consultants, interpreters and procurement of goods and services requested by the Administrative and Budget Officer and approved by the Director, checking against the proposed Divisional activities for the year and against the budget allocations. Respond to queries from Sections/Units within the Division and Financial Services (FS) on all matters relating to the above functions. Review purchase requisitions and travel requests raised by the SAP purchase requisitioner alternates.
- Assist with the logistical arrangements in the Office of the Director to organize the Council Members election during Assembly sessions and support the organization of receptions and luncheons during the Assembly/Council meetings, handling necessary arrangements such as (e.g. guest/participant lists, invitations, liaising with the catering manager etc.).
- Perform any other duties as required by the Director and the Administrative and Budget Officer and cover for the Administrative and Budget Officer on his/her absence.