Digital Education Specialist
This role was posted on October 13, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Are you a project manager with experience in the education field and a passion for creating robust, digitally delivered, learner-centered content? If so, you may be a perfect fit as our Digital Education Specialist position.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Health, the Digital Education Specialist will work alongside members of LMH’s Malawi Programs team to provide flexible technical support to the Ministry of Health, primarily for the purpose of supporting digital education interventions for training health workers, with a specific focus on community health and maternal and child health. The Specialist provides leadership and project management for the design, development, and production of online courses and eLearning content. Working with subject matter experts, key stakeholders, and the global Education team, this role will work with the Digital Health team to identify needs and opportunities in Malawi and create innovative and media rich instructional learning activities and leverages cutting edge technology to promote innovative online pedagogy.
What You’ll Do
- Advise MoH and key stakeholders on innovative solutions for delivering online course content through the use of Learning Management System tools and related instructional technologies
Design superior user friendly online and web based learning activities, and apply research-supported macro design principles adopted by LMH for digital course design to all development projects.
- Create and deliver media rich course materials and adaptive eLearning content.
- Troubleshoot challenges encountered in the implementation of multimedia, digital learning materials.
- Facilitate the development of digital coursework through implementation of outcomes-based instructional delivery and assessment strategies. Collaborate with subject matter experts in the design and development of courses.
- Work closely with relevant members of the Ministry of Health(DHD, QMD, CHSS, and Nursing) to understand technical learning competencies needed for them to sustainably manage the program
- Work with relevant ministry officials to develop eLearning capacity development plan
- Support the design and implementation of direct training, where necessary, aligned with the current Program team work plan
- Support MoH to design and develop an M&E plan for tracking implementation of the CPD eLearning system
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience developing public health curricula, with a preference for curricula developed for health systems leaders and related to community health
- Experience working in instructional design, learning management systems, and related eLearning design software
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Ability to manage multiple projects and function well in results-driven work environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple work streams seamlessly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build community with a wide range of stakeholders, including a variety of learners, partner organizations, government representatives, and academic institutions
- Demonstrable success in supporting and advocating with high-level officials and stakeholders in managing policy with a range of stakeholders across sector
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have demonstrated experience designing Digital Health or ICT4D systems in field settings, such as healthcare information systems and data collection applications.
- You have experience in implementing digital solutions including troubleshooting, inventory management, and deploying software updates
- You have demonstrated success in designing and leading health systems strengthening programs in partnership with government and best practices in global and digital health
- You have experience establishing new national-level programs, protocols and
procedures in complex environments, ideally in a community health or
global health setting
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: MWI-3
The salary range for this position is: $35,000 to $50,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
You can read more about your Malawi offerings here.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.