New York City (United States of America)
Result of Service
• All current CERF dashboards substantially improved through ensuring data accuracy and better analysis providing additional insights and more intuitive graphics.
• Additional CERF dashboards developed, as listed above.
• All CERF dashboards have a common design, in line with OCHA corporate design requirements.
3 months with a starting date of 15 November 2021.Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant reports to the rapid response lead in the CERF Programme Unit and works under the tech-nical guidance and closely together with the focal point for the CERF grant management system. Within del-egated authority, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
Improve current CERF dashboards:
• Review all existing CERF dashboards (about 16) and propose improvements, in consultations with users. Some of these dashboards are work in progress and require substantive improvements.
• Carry out a review of data accuracy, data analysis for better insights, and more intuitive graphics and structures of the dashboards.
• Implement proposed changes in agreement with GMS focal point and supervisor.
Develop new dashboards:
• In consultation with the GMS focal point, supervisor and users, conceptualize and develop new dash-boards for the following areas:
o People targeted/people reached
o Timeliness of final reports
o Assignment overview for Programme and Data Assistants
o Repeat recipient countries of UFE allocations
o Cashflow analysis
o Donor indicators
o Standard indicators (concept and mockup only)
o Additional dashboards may be added
Align design of all dashboards:
• Review the design of all dashboards and align it (a) across internal dashboards, (b) with public dash-boards developed separately, (c) with CERF practice and (d) with OCHA corporate design guidance.
• Conduct presentations and training sessions on the dashboards for users with different information needs and varying levels of familiarity with the dashboards.
• Ensure operational handover of the revised and new dashboards, including handover sessions and writ-ten documentation.
• Perform other duties as required.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
• Staff in the Pooled Funds Management Branch
Academic Qualifications: Extensive knowledge and expertise in PowerBI, data management and graphic design of online dashboards.
Proven ability to develop and design high quality dashboards.
Experience: Two years of experience in PowerBI, seven years of work experience in data management, visualization, analysis and/or online dashboards.
Language: Language: Fluency in English is a requirement.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.