Expert in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Equatorial Guinea
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 28 OCTOBRE 2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the authority of the Director of the Regional Office in Yaounde, the direct supervision of the Head of UNESCO Antenna in Malabo and in close collaboration with the Regional Coordinator for Education (based at the Regional Office in Yaounde), the incumbent contributes to the implementation of activities relating to the analysis, planning, management, implementation and monitoring of TVET policies and programmes. The works and productions that he / she shall carry out will be subject to an internal validation process under the responsibility of the UNESCO Representative for Central Africa and the Regional Coordinator for Education.
More specifically, the selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
Design, implementation and management of programmes and projects
-Assisting Equatorial Guinea in the development, implementation and monitoring of their TVET policy in line with economic demand;
-Coordinate activities of programmes and projects in the field of TVET at the national level;
Technical assistance and advice at political level
- Initiate advice at the political level, using relevant data and information, in a comparative perspective;
- Provide technical and specialist expertise to the country, partners and colleagues in the field of TVET;
- Examine the results of research and studies related to TVET in order to develop useful recommendations for the country;
- Contribute to mainstreaming a concern for inclusion and gender equality in TVET policies and strategies, as part of UNESCO's broader support for skills development for decent employment, in particular for young people and women;
- Ensure UNESCO's positioning and participation in political dialogues with the highest national authorities and represent the Organization in the formulation of TVET policies / strategies as well as in high-level conferences and meetings;Long Description
Networking, communication, production and knowledge management
- Contribute to sharing and networking development activities in TVET, at national, regional and international levels;
- Plan, develop and implement awareness raising and advocacy strategies on TVET;
- Participate in the production of situational knowledge on the TVET in Equatorial Guinea and Central Africa, in relation to the education system as a whole and to the needs of the national economy, particularly in terms of employment;
Creation / strengthening of partnerships and mobilization of resources
- Develop multi-level and / or multi-actor partnership mechanisms, as a guarantee of training-employment match and / or TVET funding;
- Explore and develop alternative financing mechanisms and resource mobilization opportunities.Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A university degree (Master or equivalent) in the field of economics or social sciences, or any other relevant field (agricultural, industrial, tertiary).
• At least 7 years of experience in the areas of analysis, planning, and management of TVET systems including two (2) years of experience acquired at the international level;
• Proven experience in the areas of programme development, technical assistance, resource mobilization, and programme monitoring and evaluation;
• Relevant professional experience in the development and support of educational projects in fragile, crisis / conflict or post-conflict contexts.Long Description
Skills and competencies
• Very good knowledge of the functioning of educational systems and more specifically of the TVET sub-systems within the context of developing countries and Africa in particular;
• Ability to design and develop project documents and outlook studies for labor markets;
• Very good knowledge of the priorities and requirements of the main donors in the field of TVET;
• Ability to establish strategic partnerships and mobilize resources;
• Demonstrate capacity for leadership, management and supervision of teams, including in multicultural contexts;
• Ability to manage budgets and prepare activity or implementation reports;
• Ability to regularly carry out missions, particularly in diverse and difficult contexts;
• Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent master of Spanish. Knowledge of French will be an asset.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Skills and competencies
• Very good knowledge of the analysis of the external effectiveness of education / training and the link or fit between TVET and the labor market;
• Good knowledge of the issues of sustainable development, the green economy, the use of new technologies and artificial intelligence in connection with TVET;
• Good knowledge of the management of certification systems;
• Good knowledge of the management of integration monitoring systems;
• Good knowledge of labour market information systems.
• Good knowledge of development issues in African countries and the security situation in the Central African sub-region.JOB DETAILS
Title: Expert in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
Type of contract: Consultancy contract
Duration of the contract: 11 months
Deadline for submission: October 28, 2021SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.