Business Support Assistant (Retailers Contracting) - SC4 - Multiple positions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food-insecure Afghans, including women and children, and families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In the approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition Programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world's largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
The position holder will perform Logistics functions relating to supply chain CBT function including retailers contracting and will directly report to the Logistics Officer (CBT).
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. The position holder is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities relating to Supply Chain CBT function. She/he will offer guidance on standard practices to junior staff in supply chain CBT.
To deliver standard logistics business processes for Supply Chain CBT function so as to facilitate effective delivery of Supply Chain CBT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Organize and conduct food retail supply chain and markets assessments to identify and contract wholesalers/retailers;
2. Administer wholesalers/retailers contracts (maintain a contracts tracking database) and monitor/track retailers performances in coordination with partners, and based on well-established key performance indicators,
3. Perform and coordinate food quality control activities, and manage the mobile point of sales (mPOS) equipment in coordination with IT SCOPE team;
4. Perform reconciliations of wholesalers/retailers transactions data, verify and process retailers invoices, and process payment requests;
5. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff;
6. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients;
7. Support processing and managing routine supply chain – CBT administrative and financial tasks, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources;
8. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation;
9. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function;
10. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work;
11. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems;
12. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
13. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Preferably a University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and related training. Minimum requirement is completion of secondary school education coupled with relevant experience.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in supply chain, logistics, or procurement with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills: Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Fluency in oral and written local languages is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Business Support Assistant (Retailers Contracting)
Grade: Service Contract - Level 4 (SC4)
Contract: Service Contract - 6 months
Number of Positions: 7
Duty Station: Kabul, Faizabad, Kandahar, Jalalabad, Herat, Mazar
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan valid also for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
WFP Work Environment
WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services and participation in decision making roles.
Female candidates and indivituals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
27 October 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.