IT Operations Associate, G6 Mogadishu
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Opening Date: 13 October 2021 Closing Date: 26 October 2021
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why Join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
What will you do?
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively;
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports;
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems;
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff;
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation to provide WFP staff with the IT tools they need to perform effectively;
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products;
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided;
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures;
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Information and Communication Technology supplemented with training in Server, Networking, Security, Telecommunication and IT Governance.
- Five years of progressively responsible work experience in IT, telecommunications and information management such as WAN/LAN networking, Server, and operating systems administration.
- Experience in VSAT, telephony, wired/wireless installations,
- Experience in client support such as Help Desk or user support and telephone maintenance service would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in English and Somali is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and Time-Management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff
- Team supervision skills
Terms and Conditions:
Contract duration: 1 year
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.