Junior Project Manager (div/f/m)
The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation and peacebuilding. Headquartered in Berlin, the organization is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world. Our Syria engagement focuses on supporting Syrian-led dialogues to develop conflict resolution options and provides space for dialogue with external powers.
For one of our MENA projects with a focus on Syria, we are looking for a
Junior Project Manager (div/f/m)
The full-time position will be based in Berlin (travel required).
Overview of the position:
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Limited contract for initially one year (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Department & reporting line: MENA, Head of Unit
Your main tasks:
- You are part of the project implementation, meaning: actively plan and participate in project-related activities and events
- You are co-responsible for donor reporting ensuring internal & external guidelines are met
- You are co-responsible for the communication towards project partners/stakeholders/participants
- You are responsible for the detail organisation of travels and events in coordination with project teams and communicate event details, logistics and relevant finances with participants
- You conduct thematic background research and contribute to conflict analysis
- You contribute to the development of concept notes and project applications
- Content related preparation of event materials in relevant project languages, where applicable, translation Arabic/English
- Close collaboration with Finance Managers on project budget issues, procurement and other administrative topics
- You co-decide on project expenditures within project frameworks
- Frequent travels are required
Your knowledge, experience & skills:
- You hold a Master degree (accred. Universities) within relevant field such as Peace and Conflict Studies, Middle East Studies, Political Science, International Relations or similar
- You have first relevant working experience and good knowledge of conflict dynamics in Syria
- Furthermore, you could already gather experience in project management, event organization and remote cooperation and communication
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic
- Professional skills in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Teams) complete your profile
- Strong ability to work with perseverance as part of a team as well as independently
- Curiosity and strong empathetic/intercultural skills
What you can expect from us:
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- Confidence based flexible working hours
- Transparent terms of compensation
- Modern, elegant and central office in Berlin-Kreuzberg (bordering to Mitte)
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and relocation to Berlin
- Family friendly culture and 27 + 1 days of annual vacation
- Dynamic and creative organizational mindset
The contract duration of the full-time position is limited for one year (with possibility of subsequent extension), depending on the availability of project funds.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) by 15.11.2021 (end of business hours).
We welcome diversity and are happy to receive applications from people regardless of their ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and marital status.
We look forward to receiving your application!