Operation Assistant (Nationals Only)
Job Title: Operation Assistant
Job Group: Operations
Duty Station: Erbil – with frequent travel to the field on a very short notice
Administrative Line Manager: Operation Manager
Line Management Responsibility: Logistics officer
Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) is a dynamic, international non-governmental organization. We work to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by violent conflict and its aftermath through the implementation of unarmed civilian protection programming. NP implements programming through the deployment of civilian protection teams to the field and is continuing to scale up to meet the growing needs in the communities we serve. Programming is founded on unarmed civilian protection and is thematically focused on protection in displacement, child protection, gender-based violence protection, and inter-communal violence reduction.
Operations – Logistics & Procurement
- Collecting quotations and offers from potential suppliers
- Prepare supporting documents and assist during the evaluation of the bids
- Archive carefully procurement documentation and transport it regularly to the main office.
- According to the instruction provided by finance management make sure that invoices and bills coming from field offices comply with instructions given by the finance management team or NP guidelines.
- Properly record and tag all assets and inventory in line with NP policies and procedures.
- Keep the asset register, asset cards and personal issue forms up to date with information of where each asset is/who it has been issued to.
- Ensures that all field staff has all necessary assets according to policies
- For the purpose of fleet management/he will be supporting the Fleet officer and Logistics office and actively control the implementation of transportation and vehicle policies and the quality of the maintenance of cars.
- Responsible for oversight of vehicle maintenance in the field offices.
- Ensure that all vehicles have logbooks and that all drivers and staff are filling them every journey
- Monthly compilation of vehicle log sheets - archive vehicle logbooks and deliver them to the main office on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all vehicles have: spare tires, first aid kits, emergency tool kits, emergency contact numbers, and internal vehicle numbers the same as at least two copies of JCC and JCMC at any time. Communicates to the line manager immediately in case of any misconduct.
- Support during vehicle use planning to meet programmatic and operational needs.
Office, Sub-Office & Guesthouse Management:
- Manage safe and well-maintained and stocked premises for office and guesthouse purposes.
- Lead on the identification of field sub-offices and guesthouses.
- Support NP Security Staff in upgrading NP premises to meet security standards.
- Ensures that NP field facilities are carefully maintained, clean and safe.
- Proactively improves the office environment and suggests changes and adjustments
- Supervise and schedule office cleaning and actively communicate with the field team members about the cleaning schedule.
- Control and supervise caretakers and support them so they have all the necessary tools and working conditions to smoothly implement cleaning services in the field.
- Support the Field Security Officer in ensuring adherence to SOPs, contingency plans, and risk assessment documentation
- Recommend and contribute to the drafting of new protocols, or adjustments to procedures, to improve effective logistics (procurement, asset management office maintenance, etc.)
- Young and proactive personality – fast learner
- Willingness to travel to the field offices on a daily bases
- English upper intermediate level, good knowledge of both – Arabic and Kurdish
- Diploma or Equivalent Level of knowledge and experience is an advantage
- Experience in NGOs in logistics, procurement, fleet, or security is an advantage
Independent Judgment/ Analytical:
- Ability to manage information with discretion.
- Ability to set priority, solve the problem and advise practical solution
- Flexible, energetic, and adaptable
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to build relationships.
- Ability to interact confidently with colleagues and external contacts in verbal and written English
- Good spoken Arabic and Kurdish.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) detailing your experience and how you qualify for the role. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27th October2021
- Candidates may be selected before the closing date, apply early
- As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a written assignment before participating in an interview.
Nonviolent Peaceforce is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff at all levels. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. However, all qualified applicants regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, will be considered for this opportunity.
Nonviolent Peaceforce acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of employees, contractors, volunteers, interns, people in communities we serve, and other stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice in the Humanitarian and Development sector.
PLEASE BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS. NONVIOLENT PEACEFORCE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE OR ASK FOR FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW, MEETING, TRAVELING, PROCESSING TRAINING, ETC). NONVIOLENT PEACEFORCE WILL NOT REQUEST INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.