Risk Education Officer-( Only for DRC Afghanistan Staff-Internal )
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Supervise the work of UNOPS MRE teams, maintain quality of MRE work in the field and provide support to enhance MRE activities for reaching the project goals and objectives.
- Supervise the overall activities of MRE teams in UNHCR & IOM centers.
- Keep close coordination with UNHCR & IOM; obtain update information about returnees and share the information with MRE Coordinator upon receipt.
- Regularly visit and appraise the work of the MRE teams in all locations (UNHCR & IOM), providing support and feedback. The teams in each location are to be visited at least twice per week; this is in addition to regular visits to teams.
- Be responsible for quantity of MRE distribution material and let MRE/IM coordinator in the picture in case quantity is near to lull at any of the projected areas.
- The external QA visit reports to be shared with DRC-DDG area Manager and MRE/IM Coordinator and should provide feedback/action as instructed by line manager.
- Check all equipment and training material of the team for any damages in a daily basis and report accordingly.
- Follow MRE activities on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Report the MRE teams weekly and monthly progress to the DDG MRE/IM coordinator and DRC-DDG area Manager.
- Report to RO DMAC/UNMAS on any newly discovered mine accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines and UXOs through MRE/IM coordinator.
- Keep an eye on security situations and in case of any security concerns; share the information with DRC-DDG security focal point.
- Collect and compile UXO hotline information during community visits, and share it with DMAC/UNMAS hotline number on the spot.
- Ensure good communication and coordination with DMAC/UNMAS, UNHCR, IOM, local communities and local authorities.
- Make sure all MRE teams follow up DDG operational, UNHCR & IOM work plan.
- Brief the visitors, MRE coordinator and internal/external QA with regards to MRE work and any information gathered about returnees.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by MRE Coordinator & DRC-DDG area Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 3 years’ of experience in the field of MRE.
- Basic management level
- Basic knowledge of IMSMA
- Basic Report Writing skills
- Supervisor course
- QA course
- Interested qualified female candidates with a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Female in DRC who travel for official trips will be allowed to travel with a Moharam and the travel/accommodation cost will be incurred by DRC.
- Female mothers who work for DRC are eligible for Day Care cost for their children up to the age of 6.
- bachelor degree in social sciences including law, sociology or related fields
- Pashto, Dari & English – fluency
- Computer – Should know basic computer programs ex. MS Excel, MS Word and internet
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 25 - October-2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply