Protection Monitoring Officer - Beirut
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Manager for Beirut and Mount Lebanon, the Protection Monitoring Officer will support implementation of IRC’s protection monitoring and information dissemination programming in the area.Protection monitoring and information dissemination activities will lead to 1) shared understanding of the protection environment among different actors; and 2) enhanced awareness of services and assistance among the refugee community.Together, these goals support improved outcomes for vulnerable members of the refugee and host communities, as well as the maintenance of humanitarian access for international and local actors.The Protection Monitoring Officer will work in coordination with the Referral Officer and Reporting Officer or Snr Reporting Officer to enhance the quality of data collection by protection monitors and contribute to analysis of protection concerns.S/he will also contribute to accurate and comprehensive weekly/monthly reporting of protection monitoring.
Major responsibilities of Protection Monitoring Officer (not exhaustive) are listed below:
Provide direct supervision and support to mobile protection teams, including:
- Support to scheduling of, and participation in, monitoring missions and community-based protection activities.
- Regular review of quality of data collected by the teams.
- Development of individual work plans, ensuring best practice standards are met as well as the development of professional development plans for staff.
- Regular review and follow up of action points for protection monitoring and community-based protection activities.
- Support mobile teams’ field access by meeting with relevant stakeholders and local authorities as required, in collaboration with Senior Protection Manager.
- Contribute to reporting on protection trends from the field on a regular basis.
- Support identification of capacity building priorities for protection monitors, and work to address them in coordination with the Senior Protection Manager.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other INGO, UNHCR, government authorities, and other key stakeholders to ensure active coordination, collaboration, and information dissemination.
- Lead capacity building and oversight for outreach volunteers in the designated area/s of coverage, providing regular meeting times and supporting the completion of related administrative and reporting tasks.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Senior Protection Manager.