Technical Project Manager, Health Financing
This role was posted on October 21, 2021, and is open until November 5, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
Last Mile Health is seeking a Technical Project Manager for a USAID-funded five-year Community Health Activity (CHA) in Liberia to build upon the successes of Liberia's National Community Health Assistant Program and support the Government of Liberia. The overall objective of this investment is to support a robust community-based program including the scale-up of the National Community Health Assistant Program (NCHAP) for the delivery of efficient, responsive, equitable, and quality health services for improved access and health status for Liberians. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in the assigned area(s) of responsibility. The Technical Project Manager will manage Last Mile Health's work and oversee operations in relation to this award. This position is linked to a specific USAID project; accordingly, the role will be embedded within the office of the consortium lead - IRC - in Monrovia.
This position is only open to Liberian Nationals candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
- Support Last Mile Health and IRC in providing strategic and technical leadership and direction, defining, and implementing activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives.
- Provide financial and operational management that optimizes resources through sound budgets, consistent financial tracking, and timely submission of reports to the donor.
- Ensure project delivery meets all standard operational policies and procedures.
- Support reporting to USAID through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports.
- Assist Last Mile Health and IRC in maintaining active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions.
- Support Country Director to represent the project and the organization in public, as assigned, and support the distribution of information about project achievements and lessons learned; and
- Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility.
What You’ll Bring
- MA or MPH from an accredited university, with a focus in health economics, health financing, public health management, or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for a graduate degree.
- At least seven years of experience in managerial roles on similar programs in developing countries, including substantial supervisory experience.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience with projects designed to support national community health programs, expand health/WASH services, and increase uptake of high-impact interventions in family planning, immunization services, maternal neonatal and child health, and prevention and treatment of malaria.
- Significant previous experience managing operations for similar programming.
- Experience working in Liberia and/or West Africa preferred.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Substantial experience as a sub-grantee required.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated innovation and success in staff capacity building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; and
- Fluency in English required.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 3
For Liberia, the range is $25,000 - $35,000 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.