Afghan Assistance & Placement Healthcare Navigator
San Diego (United States of America)
The Healthcare Navigator will coordinate healthcare services and referrals for newly-arrived Afghan Placement & Assistance (APA) clients (humanitarian parolees and others). They will work with these clients to improve access to healthcare and promote the health of APA families as they begin their lives in the United States. They will work directly with APA Caseworkers to assure that services are being provided to all new APA arrivals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and facilitate refugee health screenings for all new arrivals through the Refugee Health Assessment Program (RHAP). Obtain documentation from the RHAP provider that the screening has been completed.
- Coordinate health plan selection and advocate to healthcare centers on behalf of clients who are having difficulty accessing services.
- Assist clients with the selection of a primary care physician (PCP) and help schedule initial appointments once the selection has been made, ensuring each client is comfortable with contacting their PCP and with scheduling their own appointments.
- Collaborate closely with the Resettlement team to identify additional healthcare needs for new arrivals.
- Develop and distribute healthcare guides tailored to each new arrival/family.
- Conduct regular outreach to healthcare providers and social service agencies to address health needs and identify resources.
- Other duties as assigned.