Spring 2022 Social Adjustment Services Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
The IRC’s Social Adjustment Program provides case management services to better meet the needs of refugees and asylees who have been in the United States for six months or longer. The program helps clients in maintaining or regaining self-sufficiency, navigating the healthcare system, applying for public benefits, and ensuring food security and adequate nutrition.
- Meet with clients to identify and address their individual needs.
- Help make referrals to community partners.
- Assist client in setting up IOM loan payments.
- Assist clients in navigating social service systems.
- Input client information into IRC’s database.
- Assist clients during walk-in hours.
- Communicate client concerns with IRC staff and coordinate service plans with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.