Spring 2022 Individual Development Account Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
The Refugee Individual Development Account (IDA) intern reports directly to the IDA Program Coordinator and supports efforts under the IRC’s IDA Program. The IDA Program, a program within the Economic Empowerment Department, is match-saving program in which applicants, upon completion of all requirements, receive matching funds on their savings for specific asset-building goals including home and auto purchases, educational opportunities, and small business growth.
- Assist the IDA Program Coordinator with program recruitment efforts by developing and distributing flyers and brochures, and engaging with local community organizations.
- Conduct research on outreach and growing the IDA Program’s applicant pool.
- Conduct pre-screenings and assist clients with all steps and submissions required prior to enrollment.
- Develop case files for all new program clients.
- Enter data into the program’s information data systems and internal tracking systems.
- Provide general administrative support and maintain accurate records of IDA Program activities.
- Conduct initial and closing CFAs (family budgets) with clients entering and exiting the IDA Program.
- Collaborate with Career Development and Microenterprise Development interns on potential shared clients.
- Engage with youth enrolled in IDA Youth Programming to match youth with IDA opportunities for education.