Spring 2022 Financial Coaching Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
The Financial Coaching Intern reports directly to the IRC’s Financial Coach and supports efforts under IRC’s Financial Capabilities program. Financial Capabilities, a program within the Economic Empowerment Department, provides clients with the knowledge and tools needed to gain an economic foothold in the U.S. through financial literacy workshops, one-on-one financial counseling and goal setting, budget planning, tax preparation and connecting clients with community financial resources.
- Work with clients to create a personal budget and provide strategies for budget improvements.
- Work with clients to complete a detailed financial assessment of their household.
- Assist the Financial Coach in resolving clients’ financial challenges.
- Assist the Financial Coach in helping clients apply for IRC credit-building loans, education loans, and auto loans.
- Make appropriate referrals to external personal finance professionals, as appropriate.
- Support the IRC’s in-house tax preparation services by scheduling appointments of clients and interpreters, scheduling volunteer tax preparers, and other logistical support as needed.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including data entry and filing.