Spring 2022 Microenterprise Development Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
The Refugee Microenterprise Development intern reports directly to the Microenterprise Development Coordinator and supports efforts under the IRC’s Microenterprise Development program. Microenterprise Development, a program within the Economic Empowerment Department, provides refugees currently in business or seeking to start businesses with opportunities for business training, one-on-one business technical assistance, and assistance with access to credit and capital.
- Assist the Microenterprise Development Coordinator with program recruitment efforts by developing and distributing flyers and brochures, and engaging with community organizations and local businesses.
- Provide program orientations and trainings to individuals and groups.
- Work with refugee entrepreneurs to strengthen their business plans, develop marketing materials, and provide other supportive services as needed.
- Conduct business-related research in key industries.
- Maintain case files for all program clients.
- Enter data into the program’s information data systems and internal tracking systems.
- Provide general administrative support and maintain accurate records of Microenterprise Development program activities