Spring 2022 Volunteer Coordination Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Volunteer and Grant Coordination Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and Development Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet refugee client needs.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months. This position will require on-site work, and therefore applicants must be located near the Atlanta, GA area.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts with community groups, students, and other organizations.
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and match volunteers and interns with available opportunities.
- Assist in updating volunteer and intern resource information.
- Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention, and coordinating events such as volunteer appreciation and Thanksgiving Feast.
- As needed, will assist Development Coordinator in grant research and help with proposal development.
- Assist with other Resource Development needs such as donation management, external communications, and fundraising.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.