IT Officer (National Position)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian
crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and
power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the
call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S.
cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and
strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975
and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi,
Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IT Officer assisting IT Manager to ensures the operations of efficient and
effective communication and IT systems and services for Tak Field Office.
Particular emphasis is placed on communication (MS Teams, Email, telephone, and
radio systems), computer networks (IT Account, internet, email, server, BOX and
office LANs) and maintenance of all computers and office equipment (Tablets,
CCTV, faxes, photocopiers, cameras, television, LCD etc).
Provide computer hardware and software support including troubleshooting,
system monitoring, and maintenance for Tak Field office within, and ensure all
incidents have been recorded in the Service Now IT ticket system in a timely
• Assist IT Manager in development and installation of information systems in collaboration with the IT department to ensure compatibility with existing systems.
• Deploy and maintain new intra-office applications and groupware suites for office connectivity and productivity.
• Work in conjunction with the IT Manager in the testing of new software or systems schema prior to deployment.
• Maintain internet connectivity and computer hardware to be compliant with IRC minimum standards
• Monitoring computer and virus alerts and quickly notify all staff of any viruses that may cause potential damage to computer hardware/ software or stored files
• Support the operations and maintenance of the E-Health Database under the guidance of the external DB consultant.
• Support the USCIS and Prescreening interviews in terms of IT and network setup on site.
• Maintain the proper storage of IT assets (computers, tablets, printers, UPS, etc.).
• Develop IT documentations such as technical and/or user manuals as required.
• Other duties and delegation by IT Department and Supervisor.
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized IT Department
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from IT Department
• Keep abreast of communication, technology and network developments and apply this knowledge to improve systems within the MS office
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IT Manager, Mae Sot
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Operations and Program staff
External: Supplier, Vendor, and Agency