Boise (United States of America)
Job Overview: The Casework Assistant provides trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Casework Assistant carries out activities to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete financial education coaching with clients.
- Complete household budgets with clients.
- Complete applications for lower cost housing with clients.
- Support the Financial Education Specialist with credit building loan applications for clients.
- Track Idaho Community Advisory Network (ICAN) enrollments, services, closure in notes in the Statewide Refugee Information System (SRIS) and in Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Complete case note review and file review tasks as requested.
- Carry out timely pre- and post-arrival tasks to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
- Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services.Assist clients to attain their established goals, address challenges, and utilize available resources.
- Detail client interactions in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May provide interpretation services.
- Other duties as assigned.