Front Desk Assistant
Glendale (United States of America)
The Front Desk Assistant, at the Phoenix location, will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. This role will serve as the site’s primary Receptionist; greeting, welcoming, and directing visitors and clients appropriately; notifying IRC’s personnel of visitor/client arrival; maintaining the lobby and front desk; as well as the telecommunications and check-in systems.
- Welcome staff, clients and guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, with a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Treat all staff, clients and guests with respect, professionalism, kindness and dignity;
- Answer or refer inquiries from clients and guests to the appropriate staff person;
- Conduct appointment-setting and follow-up calls along with checking voicemail system and sending messages to appropriate staff person;
- Maintain up-to-date information on front desk processes and procedures as well as lobby bulletin boards with up-to-date information/flyers, and a safe and clean reception area;
- Ensure staff, clients and guests are checking-in when they arrive to the IRC using the online Proxyclick system;
- Train, supervise and schedule volunteers to help support the front desk;
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team;
- Follow all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Support the check-in of Immigration clients for their appointments, receive documents from clients and forward on to appropriate Immigration Staff, provide referrals and information on IRC Immigration Programs such as citizenship classes and legal clinics and register them for programs for the Immigration Department;
- Support the check-in of other program (Direct Services, Economic Empowerment, New Roots, and Education programs) clients which includes clients for their appointments, receive documents from clients and forward on to appropriate staff, provide referrals and information on IRC programs and services;
- Provide referral forms, collect and pass off to the Safety & Wellness (S&W) Program in a confidential manner for clients who are survivors of crime, asylum seekers, and/or in need of emotional/mental health support;
- For clients coming to the front in need of support for i.e. housing but not interested in case management or do not qualify, the Front Desk Assistant should be able to direct them to the appropriate external resources;
- Gauge the difference between emergency/crisis and urgent requests in order to ascertain the appropriate support from the S&W Program. The front desk Assistant should have knowledge of the domestic violence protocol and learn to observe red flags in order to refer clients.