Volunteer Program Management Intern
Glendale (United States of America)
SCOPE OF WORK: The Volunteer Coordination intern is located in the Development Department, which focus is to establish connections in the community with IRC to gain monetary, in-kind, and volunteer resources for our clients. The intern will support the volunteer program throughout IRC Phoenix and engage volunteers for all departments at IRC.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts with community groups, students, and other organizations.
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and match volunteers and interns with available opportunities.
- Assist in updating volunteer and intern resource information.
- Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention.
- Develop resources and communicate with community partners and the IRC community about events and new opportunities within our network through an email newsletter and social media.
- Assist with other Resource Development needs on an as needed basis, including donation management, external communications, and fundraising.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.
- Assist with the Family Mentorship program including regular check-ins to mentors and follow up with questions.
- Learn how community members can support refugees, asylum seekers, survivors of torture, and other populations that the IRC serves.
- Learn best practices for operating volunteer programs, including recruitment, placement, management, and data tracking.
- Learn how to provide culturally sensitive support and interview skills.