Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
Salt Lake City (United States of America)
Please note: This is an unpaid internship position. No financial compensation, including compensation for relocation, is available.
In addition to completing this application, interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to [email protected] with “M&E Communications Intern” in the subject line.
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a leading, non-sectarian, non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. Domestically, our 26 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
The Data & Evaluation department exists to increase impact for refugees and New Americans in Utah by designing outcome-driven projects and programs, monitoring and evaluating those programs against intended and unintended outcomes, and using what we learn to improve interventions and to advocate for program funding and clients’ interests.
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK: The Monitoring & Evaluation Intern will play a central role in the IRC SLC’s research and data tracking initiatives. They will assist with implementation of IRC SLC’s internal research initiatives, assist program managers’ design and implement data tracking systems for new projects, and help ensure that data is communicated accurately and effectively to internal and external audiences.
COMMITMENT: 3-4 months starting in January 2022, 15-20 hours per week minimum; optional extension available. Role may be open to remote applicants based in the U.S. upon review.
• Design program-specific guides for data entry and storage.
• Coordinate with Program Impact Specialist to produce data dashboards for each program area, which present real-time program data on progress toward output, outcome, and objective targets in a visually appealing and easy-to-understand format.
• Support the Program Impact Specialist and Data & Evaluation Coordinator to manage the M&E Plan Inventory, updating as program design and needs change.
• Support the Data & Evaluation team to collect, clean, and communicate program data by regularly running reports from program databases.
• Coordinate with Data & Evaluation team to collect and manage responses to client, staff, and partner surveys, as needed.
• Participate in goal setting conversations and workshops for D&E at IRC in line with the IRC’s Strategic Planning process.
1. The intern will deepen understanding of M&E design and use in a non-profit humanitarian setting.
2. The intern will gain professional experience related to data visualization and data for decision-making.
3. The intern will gain professional experience coordinating projects across teams in a humanitarian non-profit setting.