Boise (United States of America)
The Housing Specialist secures and coordinates the furnishing of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees and Afghan evacuees and provides related logistical support. Starting wage $18.00 - $20.00 DOE.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and secure safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees in compliance with established program requirements.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to current and potential landlords and property managers, building strong working relationships with the goal of increasing access to housing for refugee families and to coordinate client home repair requests as needed. Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations to support a positive resettlement experience.
- Coordinate logistics of housing set-ups including ordering furniture and supplies and arranging delivery, arranging utility hook-ups, facilitating lease signings and renewals, arranging payments, and conducting home safety inspections.
- Implement a high-quality procurement protocol including researching potential new vendors, following appropriate financial and purchasing procedures, and maintaining required documentation.
- Deliver orientations to clients; may support other pre- and post-arrival activities such as airport pick-ups.
- Satisfy recordkeeping requirements.
- Use personal, insured vehicle to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of support staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.