Iraq Response Innovation Lab Manager
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for Innovation Lab Manager To consolidate the establishment of the Iraq Response Innovation lab initiative in Iraq by leading and delivering on the Innovation Lab operational, programmatic and fundraising strategy. This include stakeholder management, identification and support to sector relevant innovations, management and administration of the Innovation Lab Pool fund, coordination and integration with other Oxfam programs and country teams, fundraising, management and implementation of the IRIL program activities and coordination with the Global Response Innovation Lab consortium members. Who: The Iraq Lab Manager will be a qualified candidate with experience working with start-ups in the humanitarian and development sector and have a strong interest in improving humanitarian field work through innovation. A visionary leader capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders. Someone who can build reputation and funding alongside overseeing projects, facilitating groups and building diverse, contextually appropriate, impactful innovation programs. The Iraq Lab Manager will ideally have strong links to social innovation spaces, incubator space, social enterprises and start-ups.
What we are looking for
Our next Iraq Response Innovation Lab Manager will require:
- Advanced university degree in innovation, international development and management, business administration, social policy, entrepreneurships, information technology, communications or related fields is desirable.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Humanitarian or Development sector, working on innovation, start-up incubation etc. with at least 2 in management positions.
- A team player and self-starter with good networking skills and project management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent commination and writing skill, able to synthetize information from various sources and produce high quality reports/papers.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in building and managing partnerships. Strong leadership skills; experience in leading consortiums
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to influence and liaise effectively with key stakeholders and representation in high profile environments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Ability to represent the lab to a variety of stakeholders in a range of forums
- Able to travel in all regions of Iraq and on a short notice
- High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment and with people from all backgrounds, and is aware and supportive of inclusiveness principles
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools ( PPT, Excel, word, etc.)
- Strong interested in Innovations
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in career development, to act as key contributor , to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their work fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. OR
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in Humanitarian sector. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
National Staff are strongly Encouraged to apply.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.