Re-Advertise - ADVOCACY AND CAMPAIGNS OFFICER
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The Advocacy and Campaigns Officer is part of the Oxfam Gender Justice team in Iraq and will be responsible for supporting activities under the project “Women and Girls Rebuilding a New Iraq” in Kirkuk and Diyala governorates.
What we are looking for
Our next Advocacy and Campaigns Officer will require;
- University/College qualification in the relevant field (e.g. Gender studies, social sciences or related discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in the humanitarian or development sector.
- Experience of working with/supporting local partners.
- Experience in working with community volunteers and committees.
- Experience in delivering capacity building and training of local actors.
- An understanding and sensitivity to conflict, poverty, rights-based approach gender and diversity issues, and Do No Harm principle.
- Personal qualities that ensure effective work with communities as well as self-management, including flexibility, respect for others, and sense of humour.
- Demonstrated capacity of social and communication skills and ability to work with others and as part of the team.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to think innovatively and operate strategically.
- Willingness and eager to learn about organizational and financial procedures.
- Commitment to a rights-based approach, gender equality and protection.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team.
- Flexibility, stamina and ability to work under pressure and beyond regular working hours if necessary.
- Willingness to work in insecure environments and a high level of adaptability and initiative.
- Willingness and fitness to travel and stay in the field for sustained periods of time.
- Knowledge and skills in computer usage.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussions with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate the achievements of the key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review process.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in career development, to act as key contributor to kirkuk team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields activities, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Kindly note that, the selection process will be on rolling basis. Due to urgency of the position, Oxfam has reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. OR
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in this role. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.