Assistant Program Officer, Nutrition
Assistant Program Officer, Nutrition
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI/WJCF works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization.
Since 2016, WJCF/CHAI has been supporting Government of Madhya Pradesh for addressing issue of malnutrition/anemia amongst pregnant and lactating women, children under 5 years and adolescents across all 52 districts of the State. In addition, CHAI is also working on promoting access to safe drinking water and improving dietary diversity through community led interventions. The overall nutrition program focusses on: i) strengthening health systems and supply chains at various levels of healthcare delivery; ii) reformulation of take-home ration (THR); (iii) improving uptake of Iron Folic Acid (IFA) and Supplementary Nutrition (SNP) through demand generation interventions; (iv) building capacity of frontline workers and their Supervisory Cadre; (IV) improving evidence-based decision making based on regular analysis of monitoring data; (V) promoting access to safe drinking water through setting up Community Water Treatment Plants and (VI) improving dietary diversity through strengthening local food systems. Documentation has been a cross cutting area of the project intervention. In addition the team is also exploring newer streams of interventions which include Sickle cell anemia etc.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced, and motivated individual with strong communication, documentation, and program management skills for the position of Assistant Program Officer. Successful candidate will have excellent strategic thinking, documentation and communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, teamwork, interpersonal skills, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic. Overall, APO would be expected to support in - planning, designing, analysing, coordinating, and documentation of various interventions have been undertaken under the project.
- Assist in reformulating and revising the project strategy that aligns with national and state guidelines such as Poshan Abhiyan, Anaemia Mukt Bharat, Jal Jeevan Mission and others as per need.
- Ability to support in design concepts, training module, and documentation of best practices.
- Collate and short listing of best practices from the field, segregate them into themes and visualise suitable outputs.
- Coordinate with third party or other stakeholders for development and finalisation of deliverables.
- Review the deliverables submitted by the third party and provide inputs.
- Manage social media platform and develop collaterals based on formative research.
- Assist in organising workshop, webinars, training programs and events.
- Translation, design and production of deliverables.
- Assist in development of Terms of Reference (ToR), review the quality of interventions, developing format /tools for monitoring /evaluation.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the nutrition and WASH ecosystem in the state.
- Travel on short notice to various parts of the state and often to national destinations as well.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager.
- Post Graduate degree in public health, social science or master’s in social work and other related field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience
- Strong problem-solving, analytical capability and project management skills; highly entrepreneurial and with strong self-motivation with ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests and developing strong relationships in order to successfully drive projects
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and a high degree of self-confidence
- Fluency in English & Hindi
- Willingness to travel extensively within state and India
- Excellent team player as need to work closely with cross functional team
- Experiences working in public health programs, preferably in health and nutrition sector
- Work experience in fast-paced results orientedExperience working with the cross-functional team
- Experience of working in the state of Madhya Pradesh
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders which include government as well significant government stakeholder management experience would be a strong positive