- Function title: Webmaster
- Reference: NOC-DG-2021-FGIV/383
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: AC 13/15 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Junior Specialist (FG-IV) (13/15 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of engagement: 3 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Personal Security Clearance may be required in accordance with the relevant ECTL security policies.
- Directorate/Service: DG/COM - Corporate Communications
- Competition publication date: 02/12/2021
- Competition closing date: 13/01/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Office of the Director General , the "Corporate Communications" service provides cost-effective, forward-looking and timely communications solutions that contribute in a measurable way to the Agency’s mission, activities and reputation.
Your role will be to:
- Maintain on a daily basis EUROCONTROL’s public website including creating and publishing content, liaising and advising content owners in the business and handling front-line technical issues.
- Devise strategies to drive users to the website and ways to optimise online user experience.
- Monitor and analyse site performance and traffic.
- Produce/draft clear and engaging content and creatively optimise ways of presenting it (images, data, visualisation, etc.) in coordination with the audio-visual and marketing teams.
- Design, develop and deploy new website functionalities in coordination with IT services and the audio-visual, social media and marketing teams.
- Follow developments in hardware & software tools potentially applicable to EUROCONTROL’s public website and advise on their use and implementation in coordination with IT services.
- Monitor emerging developments in web technology, standards, devices, mobile, demographics, etc. and work with the business and IT services to develop new products.
- Carry out any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience including experience in maintaining websites.
- Experience in the use of Drupal 8/9.
- Experience in the use of HTML (CSS (Bootstrap)).
- Experience in the use of Adobe’s creative cloud suite of tools (mostly Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, InDesign).
- Experience in community management and/or front line support.
- Experience with web statistics.
- English drafting skills. Ability and experience in adapting, editing and writing texts for the web.
- Motivation and commitment to follow new web technologies, trends, etc.
- The following would be considered an advantage:
- Experience in working with Drupal’s WebForms module(s).
- Experience in statistics and data visualisation.
- Experience in webinar tools (Zoom, WebEx, Teams Events) and streaming tools (OBS, Vimeo, YouTube and other social media streaming).
- Experience in or understanding of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook/Instagram).
- Experience with Salesforce/Marketing Cloud.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Planning & Organising: Plans ahead and adapts as required
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies new approaches
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2 and basic users of French at level A1/A2.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Jobs website and read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.