Program Assistant, VBD
Program Assistant, VBD
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: https://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, pneumonia, diarrhoea, sexual and reproductive health, cancer, VBDs and immunization.
In India, WJCF seconded a Technical Support Unit (TSU) to NVBDCP since 2020 to a support in health system strengthening by providing analytical and coordination support to national and state officials and partner organizations in the combined effort towards the elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis and Visceral Leishmaniasis. In addition, the team also supports NVBDCP in other VBD diseases including malaria.
Vector Borne Diseases (VBDs) represent a substantial burden in many low and lower middle-income countries, including India that accounts for a significant proportion of the global burden of Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) and Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL). VL is endemic in about 54 districts in Bihar, Jharkhand, UP and WB with an estimated 130-165 million population at risk whilst LF is more widespread with cases reported across ~20 states/Union Territories and an estimated 550-600 million people at risk. Under the aegis of the National Vector Borne Disease Control Program, significant progress has been made towards elimination by 2025 and this ambitious vision is backed by strong political and robust programmatic strategy. CHAI/WJCF is privileged to support NVBDCP’s bold vision of accelerated elimination of VL and LF by 2025. To that end, CHAI has established a Technical Support Unit (TSU), an embedded team to work under the guidance of NVBDCP to achieve that vision.
We are now seeking a Program Assistant with outstanding credentials and demonstrated analytical abilities to work closely with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare/NVBDCP in coordination with the CHAI led TSU.
The Program Assistant will be expected to undertake following responsibilities:
- Support regular data collection and validation for the utilization of the SCM tools, and work with NVBDCP to improve data quality through regular communication with National and State level consultants.
- Generate reports and provide simple analysis on a monthly basis to promote data usage in decision-making for the program.
- Support the strengthening of supply chain management tools and processes for National Vector Borne Disease Control Program by generating actionable data insights for the program.
- Support data management trainings and capacity building activities.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager.
- University degree with at least 2-3 years of work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel (Formulas, Macros/VBA), PowerPoint, Internet applications and Mobile applications.
- Previous experience managing and analysing large data sets.
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate systems holistically and advise on effectiveness of systems or processes.
- Ability to think creatively in the face of challenges.
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision.