Background/IRC Summary: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leading non-profit humanitarian organization providing relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Job Overview/Summary: The Finance Officer in the Amman Office performs the day-to-day finance operations. They work with the Finance Manager in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting operations ensuring all finance operations in Amman are performed in according to IRC and country office policy and procedures.
- Lead all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
- Filing all finance records and make it available for internal /external audit and review, and trace all documents (PRs, payments, checks, and service requests).
- Calculation, deduction, and reconciliation of Tax.
- Keep up to date records for staff program advances, and follow up with them to liquidate advances.
- Liaison with Supply Chain, HR and Programs.
- Verify payments with paying attention to all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for accurate coding and budget adequacy.
- Maintain Payment register for all received payments returned, to make sure that there is no long outstanding payment as well as payments are not missed/lost in process.
- Focal person for all payments sent/received to/from Amman and to ensure that Amman process payments within given time period. Custodian of Check books, (preparation) and Issuance of Checks.
- Participating in the month end closing and prepare vital JV’s as the need arises/requested.
- Reconciliation of accounts and preparing the balance sheet reconciliation and bank reconciliation.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor(s).
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Support team (HR & SC) & program team
External: Suppliers & Bank