European Aeronautical Information Management (EAIM) System Expert
- Function title: European Aeronautical Information Management (EAIM) System Expert
- Reference: NOC-NM-AD-2021/388
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD7-8 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of appointment: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Personal Security Clearance may be required in accordance with the relevant ECTL security policies.
- Directorate/Service: NMD/INF/IAC - Information & Cyber Unit
- Competition publication date: 09/12/2021
- Competition closing date: 20/01/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate , the "Information & Cyber" service delivers European projects related to information management, cyber security and EAD. The service participates to the development of the digital infrastructure enabling the SES Digital Sky transformation.
Your role will be to:
- Oversee the outsourced EAIM managed IT services according to Service Level Specifications (SLS) and through, but not limited to, monthly and annual performance reviews.
- Manage EAD systems sourcing contracts and ensure delivery of services to meet the service levels and KPI’s, while ensuring compliance with safety, quality and security standards.
- Maintain and coordinate the execution of the annual EAIM Business Contingency Plan with involvement of all key players as data operations, IT, and network service providers.
- Assess and evaluate systems changes and evolutions, identify most efficient solutions for both the organisation and end-users and oversee the full cycle of software releases (e.g. development, integration, verification, acceptance and deployment including technical documentation).
- Perform audits in systems and ensure continuity of certification as operational air navigation service in accordance with EU regulations.
- Prepare, promote and present technical papers to users group meetings and stakeholder groups and meetings, and contribute to projects as needed.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years, or completed university studies of 3 years and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience with the IT standards (such as ITIL), including cyber-security aspects.
- Experience in application software change and release management.
- Experience in quality, safety and security management systems.
- Understanding of software engineering/development methodologies.
- Knowledge of ATM and AIM business and associated processes would be a definite asset.
- Understanding of EAIMS (EAD) would be an asset.
- Technical drafting skills.
- Analytical thinking: applies methodical approach to complex information.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Managing change: supports the change process.
- Problem solving: anticipates and solves business issues.
- Influencing: tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1C/2. The selected candidate will be required to become basic users of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period. The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- Duration of appointment: This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract.
- Internal candidates
If selected, the person will keep their current type of appointment duration (undetermined or determined).
The internal staff member with a determined contract will be offered, in principle, an appointment for 5 Year (s) with a maximum total duration of 9 years.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications .
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.