Technical Application Owner (ERP)
- Function title: Technical Application Owner (ERP)
- Reference: NOC-NM-2021-AD/386
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD7-8 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of appointment: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Personal Security Clearance may be required in accordance with the relevant ECTL security policies.
- Directorate/Service: NMD/TEC/DAD - Development & Delivery Unit
- Competition publication date: 09/12/2021
- Competition closing date: 20/01/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate , "Technology" develops and maintains NMD's mission-critical systems, including all NM operational systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure. "Technology" supports the Agency's IT solutions and services (excluding Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre).
Your role will be to:
- Participate to the definition and follow-up of the product roadmap implementation and support the product lifecycle.
- Ensure that the products’ deliverables fulfil the business needs and are compliant with safety, security and quality standards and regulations.
- Ensure that business domain experts and business analysts review, analyse and translate business requirements into technical specifications for internal and/or external development teams.
- Monitor the product delivery progress; ensure compliance with development processes, identify risks, obstacles, solve product related problems, conduct trade-off analyses, review priorities, take decisions and coordinate with relevant teams.
- Manage the development teams in an agile environment and external suppliers and their deliverables.
- Drive the maintenance and evolution of the Digital Products to ensure very high level of availability, reliability and quality.
- Contribute to or lead workshops, share expertise, participate to internal and external working groups, projects, fora, etc.
- Monitor and ensure that the developments are done in accordance with the development processes (CI Software Factory).
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- University studies of at least 4 years (e.g. Master’s degree) or university studies of at least 3 years plus one year relevant professional experience.
- In addition, a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar function.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Experience in:
- Writing product roadmaps.
- Writing functional and technical specifications.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and specifically financials modules.
- Systems and applications architecture.
- Negotiating and presenting.
- Stakeholder management.
- Technical drafting skills (English).
- Understanding of Agile processes and principles.
- Any of the following skills would be an asset:
- Oracle Financials.
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management (HCM) tools.
- Project management skills.
- Development methodologies; Lifecycle management.
- Relational databases knowledge.
- Analytical thinking: Applies methodical approach to complex information
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Result focus: Ensures achievement of shared goals
- Decision-making: Takes decisions based on balanced arguments
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become basic users of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- Duration of appointment: This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract.
- Internal candidates
If selected, the person will keep their current type of appointment duration (undetermined or determined).
The internal staff member with a determined contract will be offered, in principle, an appointment for 5 Year (s) with a maximum total duration of 9 years.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply.