Airport Network Integration Expert
- Function title: Airport Network Integration Expert
- Reference: NOC-NM-2021-AD/382
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD7-8 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 2
- Duration of appointment: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Personal Security Clearance may be required in accordance with the relevant ECTL security policies.
- Directorate/Service: NMD/NOM/APT - Airports Unit
- Competition publication date: 09/12/2021
- Competition closing date: 20/01/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate , the "Operations" service enhances and delivers performance focused operational services (ATFCM services, network airport-related operational functions/services, including the European aviation crisis management function), with cost effectiveness and an excellent level of service to clients and partners.
Your role will be to:
- Design and define the future evolution of airport integration into the Network manager including future information exchange systems with airports.
- Lead consultation with external stakeholders (Airports, ANSPs, ACI, etc.) and internal/external operational staff on NM system changes and their impact.
- Drive and lead the business and user requirements development process with internal /external operational staff and present and agree the implementation plan with the Airport.
- Present relevant requirements and coordinate with internal experts (NMD/Technology Division) enabling them to define the related technical requirements.
- Define test scenarios with external stakeholders and internal services for airport integration (A-CDM, Advanced Towers and new concepts) as required.
- Analyse and evaluate information submitted by airport data providers and clarify further with the providers to validate the information obtained if required.
- Draft and prepare test reports supporting the go/no go decisions.
- Conduct Initial Safety Assessments (ISA) for all proposed system changes.
- Assess costs related to the implementation of requirements, perform cost benefit analysis (CBA) and present them to Release Content Definition Meetings (RCDM).
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of four years in a relevant domain (e.g. Aeronautic, Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science, etc.).
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant professional experience.
- Experience of A-CDM processes and related data exchanges.
- Understanding of network and flow management and the airports’ role in it.
- Experience in requirements development process.
- Experience of system engineering concepts (HMI Definition, SWS problem report, release management, etc.).
- Experience in safety assessments related to system changes (for airport or NM system change).
- The following would be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge of NM core systems.
- Understanding of the NM release process.
- Project management skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Problem solving: Anticipates and solves business issues
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs
- Planning & Organising: Plans ahead and adapts as required
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become a basic user of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- Duration of appointment: This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract.
- Internal candidates
If selected, the person will keep their current type of appointment duration (undetermined or determined).
The internal staff member with a determined contract will be offered, in principle, an appointment for 5 Year (s) with a maximum total duration of 9 years.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications .
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.