Project Associate, Global ERP Program
New York City (United States of America)
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
The Project Associate, Global ERP Program will be part of the project management team (which includes other Project Managers) responsible for supporting the currently ongoing delivery of a multi-year global implementation and organizational integration of IRC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system solution, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for operations.The scope of the program, which has been branded “Integra”, includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Grants/Awards Management.
In this role, the Project Associate will assist Project Managers to conduct the project management required for the ERP system design and implementation. This position will be required to use Agile Project Management best practices to successfully execute program workstreams. This includes assisting in proper product backlog management, sprint planning, task management, etc.
This position will support the development and management of existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc. The project is utilizing Agile Project management practices, experience in this area is preferred. In addition, the Project Associate will work proactively to gather information required for analysis of project cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables.
This role reports to the Senior Project Manager, Global ERP Program. They will coordinate with other workstream Project Managers as well as technical and functional Core Team members.
- Provide Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively document meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Support Project Status Reporting: Assists in the preparation of status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Work with Project Managers to Maintain the Project Schedule and Team Calendars: Works with project managers to incorporate regular updates from functional and technical teams, monitors the overall project schedule and calendar and conducts appropriate follow-ups.
- Support Project Budget Tracking: Provides budget information to Project Managers. Assists in monitoring costs and analyzing data.
- Assist with Resource Management and Onboarding: Assists project managers in identifying resource requirements and staff assignments.Helps to coordinate new team member onboarding. Checks for staff availability and updates the project plan with work assignments.
- Support Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
- Assist Project Managers with Stakeholder Management and Communications: Assists Project Managers in analyzing stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements. Supports change management team with overall team communications.
- Conduct Project Management Tool Administration and Management: Get up to speed with IRC’s project management tools (MS Azure Devops and Monday.com) and become a Team super user and tool administrator.
- Manage Project Documentation and Perform Knowledge Management: Get to know the IRC project document repositories (specifically Box). Become expert in managing electronic document storage, folder management and overall user access management
Key Working Relationships:
- Works with project manager to maintain productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, system users, and vendors.
- Interacts with project managers, senior technical personnel, and other functional or support organizations.
Position Reports to:Senior Project Manager, Global ERP Program
Position directly supervises:N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
-Project Managers and Project Coordinators in the Project Management team
-Headquarters & Global Field Teams – multiple departments
-Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
-Project Sponsor and Steering Committee members
-Vendors and Consultants
- Experience with cross-functional project coordination and/or executive office administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity of key Project Management methodologies including Agile.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings, presentations, written status updates, project documentation, etc.). Demonstrate ability to be clear and concise in all types of communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of project tracking software (i.e., MS Devops, MS Project, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change
- Mostly remote working with ability to travel to NY HQ on an as needed basis
- Required East Coast US time zone working hours
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.#LI_GR1