Sacramento (United States of America)
Job Overview: The Remote Interpreter provides telephonic or video interpretation to facilitate, with accuracy, impartiality, and confidentiality, the language needs of Limited English Proficient (LEP) individuals and their service providers. Activities include providing professional interpretation services, use of software to track assignments, and occasional trainings and assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to LEP individuals and service providers in a variety of settings ranging in complexity, including clinics, hospitals, schools, community-based organizations, and government agencies. Services may be rendered via telephone, videoconference, or other virtual means.
- Track assignments and work hours within designated software.
- Participate in trainings and assessments.
- May support special projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.