Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
About the Role
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will lead the day-to-day deliverables. Working alongside the Project Manager to deliver the best results. They will need effective team management to ensure timely and well-coordinated delivery of the Monitoring and Evaluation components of the project. The role offers ample opportunities for innovation and ‘outside-of-the-box’ thinking. We will prioritise the ability to learn quickly and sharp critical thinking capabilities over past sectoral experience. Individuals seeking a challenging yet intellectually rich experience are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and update project monitoring frameworks, including theory of change and results framework.
- Lead on management of key contractual outputs, including drafting and initial quality control.
- Develop and oversee the M&E plan and ensure project informational needs are met; identify new avenues for M&E team engagement with project activity.
- Lead on drafting of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools.
- Oversee data collection with key project stakeholders and beneficiaries, including drafting of data collection tools.
- Quality control the results framework and support project team to ensure project activity adheres to results framework.
- Quality control updates to the theory of change and ensure it is iteratively updated in collaboration with key project stakeholders.
- Deliver key learning activities throughout the project cycle.
- Make sure project documentation and approaches are inclusive and conflict sensitive, and that all related M&E reporting is similarly framed.
- 5 + years’ experience delivering M&E throughout a project cycle
- M&E work experience and knowledge.
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Advanced degree, ideally in (social) sciences, mathematics, psychology etc.
- Excellent understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodology
- Excellent understanding of project cycle and results-based management
- Advanced knowledge of excel, and Microsoft suite
- Experience using Tableau, PowerBi and other information management and visualisation tools
- Past experience working on systems change projects, ideally in public sector and/or in security sector
- Experience showing innovative approaches to M&E
- Experience with international donors, preferably EU