Strategic Partnerships Officer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Strategic Partnerships Specialist to support the effective coordination of funder relationships and resource mobilization at CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Gather, analyze, and share information on funders, potential projects, and best practices for compelling and effective proposals.
- Research and collect potential new funding opportunities and projects on a monthly basis.
- Review the monthly pipeline report, including CIMMYT’s overall budget report, and ensure accuracy and completeness of the information.
- Coordinate and assist in the facilitation of meetings between CIMMYT’s Director General and funders in collaboration with the Director General’s office, Programs and Communications Unit.
- Contribute to the coordination of funder visits to CIMMYT’s Headquarters in collaboration with the Director General’s office and Communications Unit.
- Act as the secretariat for the Resource Mobilization Management Committee, including preparation of agendas and summaries of meetings.
- Provide advice and recommendations to CIMMYT’s Director General, Programs and Project Leaders on resource mobilization.
- Foster relationship with Director General’s office, Programs, Project Leaders and the Communications Unit.
- Other duties related to the position directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Master’s degree in business administration, international development, project management or similar field. The selected candidate must have knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy.
- The selected candidate must have previous experience in:
- Analysis, synthesis and planning for improved mobilization of resources to support initiatives/programs in large organizations. Alternatively, national and/or international policy development experience may be accepted if the candidate can demonstrate transferable skills to resource mobilization.
- Providing analysis and strategic advice and recommendations to senior executives of large organizations on a variety of policy/program/project issues and their implications (verbally and written).
- Horizontal collaboration with units within large organizations in order to implement organization-wide initiatives.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management while working in large organizations.
- Leading and working in teams with limited direction and oversight.
- Preferred: Working in a large funder organization (e.g., foundation, multilateral organization).
- The selected candidate must have knowledge in:
- Best practices and principles for resource mobilization by non-governmental organizations.
- Tools to support resource mobilization, including constituency relationship management database and records.
- Advanced Level of English (conversational and written) (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR)
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his/her responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Proble solving-decision making, Negociation – Conflict resolution and Team Lidership.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.