Research Associate, Tuberculosis
Research Associate, Tuberculosis
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate, William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF), has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the central and state levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI/WJCF programs support government initiatives on Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, cancer, immunization, and health financing. Additionally, CHAI/WJCF supports many state governments on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services.
India has the highest burden of Tuberculosis (TB) in the world, accounting for more than 27% of the global TB incidence. Of the 2.8 million annual estimated incidence, more than half access diagnostics and care in the private sector, where there are significant gaps across the care cascade because of diagnostic delays, irrational and non-standardized regimens and catastrophic health expenditure to patients.
India has outlined an ambitious agenda of eliminating tuberculosis by the year 2025. As outlined in the National Strategic Plan (2017-25), the cornerstone for India’s TB elimination plans hinges on scaling up of public private mix (PPM) initiatives, rolling out incentives through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) and scaling up ICT based solutions.
Understanding patient pathways, user behaviour, obtaining feedback on systems and undertaking evaluation studies of existing interventions are critical to improve services to beneficiaries as well as support the national programme to make informed decisions on scaling up existing initiatives.
CHAI is looking for a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials for the role of Research Associate. They must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. Reporting to the Program Manager and working closely with other strategic partners, the Associate would lead the design of qualitative and quantitative research studies and manage their execution.
- Understand on-ground challenges and identify potential research areas through regular interactions with the program team
- Prioritize and define research studies in collaboration with program teams and external research partners
- Support the development of study design and research and evaluation tools, including research protocols, ethics applications, and standard operating procedures
- Assist the development of data collection management and analysis tools and templates, including survey tools, observation tools, interview tools, and databases
- Collaborate with research agencies to operationalize the study
- Support the design and implementation of ongoing quality assurance measures for all electronic and paper data collection activities
- Clean, manage, and analyze large data sets; support insight generation process and translation of insights into intervention design
- Work closely with operations team to pilot interventions and monitor progress and impact thereof for informing scale up
- Support CHAI leadership in presenting study results to key stakeholders and support publication and dissemination thereof
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field such as management, statistics, economics, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation
- At least 5 years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector
- Experience in various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Experience analyzing large data sets using statistical software such as Stata, SAS, SPSS or R is required
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including attention to detail and fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in cross functional teams
- Strong command of English required, regional Indian languages is an advantage
- Strong communication skills, including development of compelling presentations with the ability to translate technical content and results into formats suitable for various audiences
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: