Measurement E-Course Product Manager-Consultancy
IRC and Project Background:
The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) was established more than two decades ago as a global network of humanitarian organizations and agencies committed to advancing the right of every person to a quality education.
Launched in 2019, INEE’s Measurement Library is an open-source, free-to-use collection of research tools meant to assess children’s learning and holistic development. The tools included in the Measurement Library are selected to help education practitioners gather the high-quality data they need to make informed decisions. The Measurement Library’s launch was part of a global rising tide of interest in growing the body of evidence around how to best educate children and youth living in crisis contexts.
The International Rescue Committee, which hosts INEE, responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crisis and helps people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC’s vision is that the impact of our programs and the influence of our ideas empowers those caught in crisis to make lasting change in their lives.
The IRC supports education programs in approximately 20 countries. Along with partners at NYU Global TIES and a consortia of research—practice partnership, IRC helped spearhead the creation of the Measurement Library.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will oversee development of an e-course to accompany the Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) Measurement Library
The consultant’s tasks will include:
- Developing a clear, logical, actionable work plan for the development of the Measurement e-course
- Defining the vision, goals, and measures of success for the e-course along with the Measurement Library’s stakeholders
- Liaising amongst internal and external stakeholders involved in product development, including peer organizations, reference groups, and academic partners
- Coordinating development, design and review processes, ensuring accurate version control, escalating pressing issues, and bringing in the right people for the right issues, decisions and final approval
- Creating and uploading the course elements into Kaya, a humanitarian learning platform
Measurement E-Course including the following:
- Using Articulate 360 to design a measurement course
- Working with an illustrator/designer (internal or external) to create visual elements
- Working with voiceover consultant or internal voiceover volunteer
- Prepare course for uploading to Kaya, beta testing with IRC staff volunteers
- Seeking approvals from IRC LMS to publish the course on Kaya publicly
- Creating a duplicate course in Articulate and adding the translations for the other languages (French, Arabic, Spanish)