Brazil (United States of America)
The Project Coordinator will coordinate and monitor the implementation of activities under the responsibility of ICRAF of the Agroforestry and Restoration Accelerator project, including.
- Conducting in periodic meetings with the ICRAF team for strategy alignment and monitoring of activities;
- Draft and design strategy for project implementation in the selected landscape
- Plan, coordinate and supervise ICRAF-led activities in the project;
- Define and monitor the logistics and activities required for establishing agroforestry systems and Ecological Restoration areas;
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the technical team and consultancies related to the project activities;
- Ensure timely support to review and delivery of project deliverables (such as technical reports, action plans, business plans, guidelines, etc.);
- Support the management of the project's financial and human resources;
- Ensure compliance with internal standards and good project performance through engagement of the entire team;
- Participate in periodic meetings with the ICRAF team for strategy alignment and monitoring of activities;
- Contribute technically to the scientific activities of the project
- Produce, organize, and review technical information with the field teams and develop project technical progress and management reports;
- Promote active and systematic communication, ensuring full and continuous flow of relevant information;
- Supervise the organization of events (meetings, workshops, workshops, etc.
- Liaise and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders: government agencies, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, farmer groups, donors, etc.
- Provide support in fundraising for CIFOR/ICRAF projects and country initiatives.
- To represent CIFOR-ICRAF in meetings, forums, and technical and scientific events at national and international levels.
- Degree in agricultural, forestry, environmental, biological, and related sciences, preferably with a Master's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Proven professional experience of 5 years in coordination and/or management of projects involving large, interdisciplinary teams.
- 5 years’ experience in field activities, technical assistance with farmers and agricultural production with special emphasis on Agroforestry and/or ecological restoration.
- Ph.D. in related areas of the project.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Knowledge and experience working in the Amazon region.
- Ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams and promote their development and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate to peers and openness to diversity of perspectives.
- Knowledge in geoprocessing.
- Experience in dealing with groups in situations of social vulnerability.
- Initiative, dynamism, proactivity, creativity.
- Knowledge of participatory methodologies for planning, monitoring, evaluation, and capacity building.